What is Clustering ?
Clustering is a technique in which unsupervised data are grouped together based on similarities These groups are mutually exclusive.
- Partitioned-based Clustering
3. Fuzzy C-means
- Hierarchical Clustering
- Density-based Clustering
Why Clustering ?
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Summary Generation
- Outlier Detection
- Finding Duplicates
- Pre-processing Step
Applications of Clustering
- Retail Marketing
1. Identify buying patterns of customers
2. Recommending new books/movies to the new cast
3. Fraud detection in credit card use
4. Identifying clusters of customers
5. Fraud detection in claims analysis
6. Insurance risk of customers
7. Auto-categorizing news based on their content
8. Recommending similar news articles
9. Characterizing patient behavior
10. Clustering genetic markets to identify family ties